Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hey, where did this APL come from all of a sudden?

I realise that this blog is turning out to be mostly my sporadic ramblings to myself, but I kind of like it. I get to rant and rave and obsess over the minute traumas and victories of my natural hair journey, and not that many people are exposed to my monumental self-absorption. (apologies to my five readers!!)

In any case, I've just come off a five-week hair rotation: two weeks of mini-twists, followed by a week of mixed "out" and bunned styles, followed by another two weeks of mini-twists. I'm cutting the 2nd twist rotation two days early because frankly I miss my hair and I needed to wear it loose for a few days.
First things first: I've come to the conclusion that my hair does NOT like buns. I'm way too lazy to make neat donut buns so usually all I do is pull my hair haphazardly through a scrunchy a couple of times, tucking the ends in, throw on a headband and call it a day. Although that keeps the interior of my hair well-moisturised, it does a number on the perimeter. I think the front of my hair just isn't long enough to be pulled back comfortably for more than a day at a time.

What I will do in my next rotation is to replace the bunned days with a chunky braid out using gel. I'll experiment with different pin-up styles to keep the ends up and off my neck. As my hair gets longer I really need to step up my game with the styling; now my twistouts resemble a shaggy dog more than anything.



Speaking of my hair getting longer, while rewarding myself with a successful twist takedown by playing with my curls in the mirror, I stretched one of them at the back and OH MY GOD I HAVE REACHED ARMPIT LENGTH BACK THERE!

Sorry for the shouting, but this is OFFICIALLY the longest my hair has ever been. I'm cussing myself for my camera being dead but  am determined to wake up early tomorrow to take some length shots. I played in my hair for about 15 minutes before twisting it into bigger twists for bed. My updated hair regimen and hair rotation is making my hair healthy, happy and LONGER.

Off to bed now. Hooray for APL!

No comments:

Post a Comment